Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Job???!!! Wooohooooo!!!!

I've done many things over the past 22 years of my "working" life. I've been an EMT, a video store clerk, a waitress, a popcorn packer (yes...just what it sounds like, I popped and packed popcorn at a popcorn factory), worked in a nursing home, worked at a roadside farm market, and as an assistant manager at a Hobby and Craft store chain, and then my favorite job ever: I worked at a pet store. It was the only job I ever had in my life that I looked forward to going to everyday. I enjoyed my weekends off, but was always ready for work come Monday morning.
I know me working in a pet store is akin to an alcoholic tending bar, but it really is my dream job. I had to quit the job due to some health issues that came up. Most of it just me being an idiot and thinking I could do it all. I was working that job, another part-time job at the above mentioned Hobby store, running the kids everywhere, trying to keep up with everything being a Stay At Home mom entails, and in general....I wanted to be Super Mom. Well, that came back to haunt me. I crashed from the strain and pressure...HARD. I had to quit it all.
Now I sit at home, almost a year later and realizing, I NEED a job! I need to get out. The health issues I have be damned! I want to work outside the home. Lord knows I don't work well inside the home. lol. I just said to Jeff, Saturday, "I need a job. Even if its just a few days a week, I want to work." I was thinking flipping burgers or something. ANYTHING to get me away from this house for a few hours.
Well, the universe has been kind to me and heard my plea. Yesterday my old boss at the pet store called me and wanted to know if I wanted to work for him part time through the week. I didn't even pause for him to catch his breath before yelling "Absolutely!!!" into the phone. lol
I start at the end of the month. It may be just one day one week and a few days the next week, but that is just perfect to me!! How is that for absolute, perfect timing?? And this store and the people/owners there are amazing people. I have never enjoyed working for and with someone as much as them and I feel honored that they would want me to come back to work for them.

No comments: