Saturday, June 28, 2008

10 Things I Hate.....well, maybe just "dislike".

Okay, I'm a bit bitchy, but I thought this might be cathartic:



Ten Things I Hate..actually just Dislike. Hate may be too strong a word:
1. People who drive MUCH slower than the speed limit. This is a common one. I am not talking about during winter storms or wet weather, but every day driving. IF you can not go the speed limit or don't feel comfortable at it, then perhaps it's time to turn in your license. I don't mean going the actual speed limit either. My OCD loves rules and the speed limit is the speed limit. I'm talking about the driver I, and 20 other cars, was following today, going 15 mph under the speed limit. It become a hazard and can be worse than going too fast.
2. The "Repeat Song" button on Her Majesties CD player. I'm growing not so fond of the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montanna too.
3. Snoring! I'm not up at 12:30 at night for no apparent reason. It was either get out of bed, or push the pillow over Hubby's face just so he would be quiet for a while.
4. Fighting Kids- I love them, but I really think this is going to be a very long summer.
5. When my dog cries at the door to be let in, then takes off running when you open the door for her. I want to pinch her really hard about that time. It's NOT a fun game...it really isn't
6. Chronic anything. Reynauds, FMS, CFS, and any other syndrome you can think of and anything else labeled as chronic.
7. The sound of the alarm clock in the morning.
8. The very thought of head lice. It gets me to itching.
9. The smell of 14 year old boy's rooms. Do they all smell like dirty feet and ass?
10. Stains on my kids clothes...or mine for that matter. I feel the same about wrinkles.


and to round it out:
Ten Things I Love

1. My kids and hubby

2. My other family and friends

3. The smell of lilacs

4. That first sip of coffee in the morning.

5. The smell of sheets that have been dried on the line outside.

6. Baby birds.

7. A freshly weeded flower bed

8. The sigh a baby makes when it's nursing.

9. A pedicure

10. When my kids are really laughing and giggling.

2 comments:

Elizabeth McClung said...

I am noticing similaries between the HATE and the Get out of bed list like #3 and #4 (and #6, and #7).

You think a LOT about head lice? You really do have OCD. I try NOT to think about what is and is not dirty or I start freaking (I have OCD, but I take pills for it).

on the hate #9 - don't ALL men smell like that - particularly when they play basketball? and why do they think that makes them MORE attractive?

As for the love list: a pedicure? hmmm, will have to try that. Can you FEEL your feet with Reynauds; I can't but that's because I can't feel anything from the knees down now. Linda loves the smell of Tomatos fresh from the garden and the smell of freshly mown grass. I love a film where I DON'T know what is about to happen next.

Tammy said...

Yikes, yep, OCD and me just go hand in hand. I worry too much about odd things, and yes, headlice is on the top of the list. I have to have the headlice treatments on hand or I freak, and more poor kids get head checks often. They hate it when mom goes on her bug hunt. Thank goodness I've on found it once when my son was little, and then found it on my niece once. I freaked out so bad I missed several days work to clean the house and delouse things that didn't need it.
I have a very hard time eating food that some one else has prepared too. That's probably my worst OCD thing (besides my obsession with odd numbers). I do semi-okay at restaurants, but a carry in at a family gathering is a nightmare for me. I could go on...but I can't share all my crazy at once, people will think there is something wrong with me *snort...like that isn't already obvious* I got some meds for it too...I just don't like how they make me feel so I don't take them very often (well actually since the first of the year).