Sunday, March 16, 2008

Brains of a Goat

You know when your significant other does these stupid ass things and Ooopss...what you are thinking just pops out of your mouth. Today my husband was plowing our drive. "SO!" you say. Well, that would all be fine and well...if there was any freaking snow!!!! NO SNOW ANYWHERE TO BE SEEN!!!! Her Majesty and I look out the window, watching him, and I blurt out "OH MY GOD! He has the brains of a goat!!" Well, as soon as I said it I knew that Miss Thing would be repeating it to her precious Daddy. She was just so taken by the statement and I saw this glimmer in her eye. You know the kind, the "Ohhhh....I've got dirt on Mommy!" look. I guess he was "grating" or "grading" the gravel drive, I'm not sure which is correct, and he didn't know either. I know it was a mean thing to say, and as soon as it was repeated back to him, which was the absolute split second that Her Majesty saw him, I know it hurt his feelings. I feel bad that it bothered him, but this man is the king, KING I tell you , of stupid comments. He actually told me once "You look so sexy in the dark!" and couldn't figure out why I wasn't thrilled with his "compliment".
We all say those things we shouldn't, but don't really regret, don't we? By the way, the drive looks like absolute crap now and the ground is so wet and muddy under the gravel, that all he managed to do was put huge ruts in the drive from the truck tires. I stand by my statement.

No comments: