Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Puppies!!

They finally came. Early this morning. Thank Goodness! At least it should calm down some around my mothers house. 1 little blonde girl with white streaks, and 1 little blonde, rowdy boy, and 2 dark/black/brown puppies. They are adorable. I have no desire to bring one home, but it is fun to smooch on those wee little puppy smooshie faces. My sister is keeping her pick, a black little boy promptly named "Smoke". Then my niece begged and teared up until Grandma decided to let her keep her pick of the litter, at her house (they live next door to each other). He is the runt and was given the name Joey. Then a friend of the family came over and claimed her two. The blonde boy and wee little girl. They are now named Luke and Layla. The Eric Clapton song has been screaming in my head all night! Momma is doing wonderful and is a fantastic first time momma.

I worked today. It really isn't right that they pay me to do the job I just LOVE. I did manage to sneak some new fish into my tanks before hubby got home and caught me. He has made me swear that no new animals will come into the house. Fish don't count, right? I mean, the tank is already there, it just needs a few more fish. They always need "just a few more". I will admit, that me working in a pet store is akin to an alcoholic tending bar. Hey, I would rather have feathered and furred babies vs. the human, screaming, pooping, expensive kind. Plus, I don't go to jail for leaving a fid at home alone, but people get real squeamish if you leave the newborn in the crate several hours a day while you work.

Sorry, but I'm too exhausted at this point of the day to think if anything entertaining happened today. Hmmm...Nope. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congradulations on the pups! I do know for a fact she is a bit crazy