Monday, March 17, 2008

She really is crazy!

My moms dog is pregnant and due at any moment. My mom decided to take the week of her dogs "due date" off so she could be home for....duhla?? birthing coach??? OB??? support?? Heck, I'm not sure, but the entire topic of conversation around my house, her house, and my sisters house is "Has Lucy had her babies?" This is where the crazy part is.....Mom is convinced that Lucy isn't having the puppies when she should just to spite her. She has finally taken to "snubbing" the dog in hopes that she will get the hint that Mom won't talk to her again until she has the puppies. What's really sad is that it seems to be working and the dog is now in active labor. Bizarre isn't it??

Lucy is a really homely chihuahua. I mean, it's not her fault, but she isn't the prettiest of all chi's I've ever met. The daddy dog is my nieces Schnorkie...Schnauzer/Yorkie mix. Now he just happens to be the cutest dog EVER! Here is hoping that the pups are at least somewhere in the middle.

OH...and before anyone flames about more unwanted dogs in the world. This wasn't planned. Lucy was SUPPOSED to be the bride of Mom's Precious Chi E, but he was too much of a sissy boy to breed her, so Frankie stepped up to the plate. Frankie wasn't suppose to, it wasn't the plan by any means, but it happened. At least Frankie had some fun...not so sure how Lucy liked the deal. The good news, there are homes anxiously awaiting the birth and eventual adoption of the puppies.

I really do hope these pups are born tonight or in the morning. They were due last week, and I really think Mom may have a bit of a nervous breakdown if they aren't here safe soon. She isn't sleeping, "In case Lucy needs her." and has completely arranged her work schedule around the imminent birth. Today she even was pouting that Lucy "wasn't even going to have those puppies". PLEASE LUCY!! FOR ALL THATS HOLEY POP THOSE PUPS OUT SO WE CAN ALL GET SOME PEACE!

No comments: